Happy Birthday! Emily DeGruson! William Jackson! Teagan Milburn!
FSHS ACTIVITIES TODAY:
Varsity Softball @ Frontenac, 4:30 p.m.
JV Softball @ Independence, 4 p.m.
TODAY IS THE DEADLINE, NO EXCEPTIONS, for Seniors to submit applications for these scholarships (reach out to Mr. Messer with any questions) :
TITLE OF SCHOLARSHIP
General scholarship with emphasis on Key Club members
Mason Memorial Scholarship
Students who plan to attend FSCC need apply
Regan “Tiger Tough” Memorial Scholarship
Student(s) who demonstrated fortitude in adversity
Top 10 percent
FORT SCOTT COMMUNITY COLLEGE IS OFFERING DUAL-CREDIT CLASSES FOR FREE NEXT YEAR:
1. Just a reminder - no head coverings are to be worn in the building.
2. Wear your face masks properly! Your mask needs to cover BOTH nose and mouth, please!
3. Remember to be watching your smart pass use - about four passes per day is what is acceptable.
THIS Wednesday, April 7th (Early Release, btw)
Chet Kuplen from Sports in Kansas will be here to present the "Think Before You Post" Power of Social Media tour.
We will be running the regular Early Release bell schedule on that day. Here is the plan for the assembly:
- All students will report to 1st hour as usual.
- At 8:10 all Seniors and Freshmen will report to the main gym and will sit in the bleachers on the East side of the gym. Freshmen upstairs, Seniors downstairs.
- Sophomores and Juniors will continue to go to their normal morning classes.
- The first session is expected to be over around 9:45. At that time we will excuse the Seniors and Freshmen to go to breakfast break and then report to 4th hour.
- At around 9:50 we will make an announcement for all Sophomores and Juniors to report to the gym. Sophomores will sit upstairs, Juniors downstairs.
- The second session should be done by 11:30 so all students will be in 5th hour at the end of the early release day and will be able to have their normal lunch period.
For current JUNIOR student athletes, photos for next year’s FSHS Dance Calendar will be taken beginning at 1:30 Wednesday afternoon, 4/7/21. PLEASE get jerseys/uniforms from your coach(es) BEFORE Picture Day!
There are still spaces available in the Session 2 Drivers Ed course for this summer. Students must be 14 by May 7. (The student must be 14 before they can take the required Kansas Handbook Test that will be given on Saturday, May 8). Session 2 class time will be June 7-18 from 12:00-3:00 pm. Session 2 driving times will be June 29-July 14. The student must register in person at FSHS. There is a $4 registration fee with an additional $110 due by April 30. ($130 for out of district students). You may pay in person at FSHS or online in the Webstore on our district website. No refunds after May 1st. For questions, contact Rhonda Dawson at FSHS at 223-0600 or email@example.com
LET’S EAT! Remember to tell your first hour teacher you would like to eat breakfast and/or lunch and to get your planner signed for breakfast. Meals are free through the end of the school year!
Today’s breakfast: cereal, graham snack, juice, milk
Today’s lunch: chicken strips, mashed potatoes, sweet peas, orange wedges, wheat roll, milk
Tomorrow’s breakfast: rice krispie treat, pears, juice, milk
Tomorrow’s lunch: Mr. Ribb, scalloped potatoes, baked beans, fruit cocktail, milk
IMPORTANT MAY DATES: PROM IS MAY 8TH; LAST FULL DAY OF SCHOOL FOR ALL FSHS STUDENTS IS THURSDAY, MAY 13TH. GRADUATION IS MAY 15TH.